Ten Benefits of Ipe Wood
Ipe wood lumber also known as Brazilian Walnut has its origin in South America. The wood type is regarded as an exotic kind and has been used in making magnificent structures. Ipe woods are naturally very strong and hard, resistant to rot, weather and abrasion and insects.
Another interesting characteristic of Ipe wood is its density and its hardness which is twice as dense as most woods and up to five times harder, respectively. If you are looking for an exotic wood that lasts and retains its color for a very long time, Ipe wood is your best bet. The use of Ipe wood cut across most areas, including furniture, decking, siding, and fencing. Its long life and exotic nature are what makes it an attractive choice for furniture makers. An Ipe structure can last up to 40 years which is over four times as long as common pressure treated woods. If you are in search of wood lumber that is very strong, smooth, long-lasting, natural fire and rot resistance, Ipe is the right choice.
If you are interested in finding out other benefits of Ipe wood, let’s get started.
1. Ipe is sustainable wood lumber: as seen earlier, Ipe wood can last for a very long time. Without application, Ipe has sustainability of over 75years. It can withstand termite attacks for up to 15 years, a lot more than most wood types.
2. When used in decking, Ipe wood is sturdy and robust. With its high density, it is no surprise it lasts as long as it does. This factor has made it the perfect choice for decking.
3. Ipe wood is very eco-friendly. It is a renewable natural resource and usually takes up to 30 years to mature. It is generally harvested and used in most structures requiring solid wood.
4. Aside from its strength and density, Ipe wood has an aesthetic benefit. Its range of colors ranges from light to darker shades of brown making it a beautiful and perfect choice for most furniture works. It has a smooth texture and a uniform design, an ideal decking choice.
5. When used for decking purposes, Ipe wood has a price that almost equals synthetic plastic decking material. It is the right choice and can make the difference between an ideal deck and an unreliable one.
6. Ipe wood is highly resistant to factors that damage other wood types. It has a class-A fire resistant and can withstand rot from termite more than most woods.
7. Best decking material. Ipe is recognized as the best decking material by most deck makers. Its durability and water resistant nature is undoubtedly top notch, meeting all decking criteria.
8. Durability: Ipe is a very dense wood, but that may be the reason it is loved so much. The density of Ipe wood has made it resistant, long lasting and sturdy. It’s class A fire rating makes it as resistant to fire as steel and concrete. It also contracts and expands than most wood materials in the market.
9. Ipe wood lumber is a low-cost decking option in the long run. When calculated in the long term, deck owners usually value Ipe as low-cost decking material, regarding life cycle.
10. Ipe has an exotic nature and value to it. Choosing Ipe wood shows how vital your wood structure is to you. Its exotic nature signifies quality, which is something we all love in any wood structure.
If you are considering Ipe wood in your next wood structure, you have made the right choice. Ipe may be priced a little more than most woods, but its long term value is worth the price.